Hi,
I'm developing a new online store now and I choose Joomla Virtuemart as its base.
The maintenance is quite easy but I still found some problem that I can't solve.

First, I can't set the virtuemart component in the start up page when I call my site. Users have to choose something in the navigation to show the products.

Second, the product's thumbnail never appear in the browse mode. It just appear as link that indicate the image is not detected.

I need some suggestion to fix it. I will appreciate every suggestion..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello.
I also use virtuemart and I think that component is very good.
About the thumbnail, you must edit and explore the product section in administrator panel as it is quiet confusing. The url of the pict/thumbnail must be put correctly atthe admin panel...

I think the component can be used as front page by editing the module section... I hope this can help...

Hi, syahrizal
Yeah, it's quite hard to understand the structure of Virtuemart's code. But, I think I found the way to show the thumbnail..

Hi, syahrizal
Yeah, it's quite hard to understand the structure of Virtuemart's code. But, I think I found the way to show the thumbnail..

can you share with us the way to show the thumbnail

Hi Egypt web,
I just made a little change to the script in the folder components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/template/browse/
In every file within that folder, I change variable $product_thumb_image into $product_full_image.
It works to my site but I have to specify the height and the width of the image..
Thats all I do..
I hope that will work in your site too..

thanks so much "eantz" for sharing with us your way to show the thumbnail

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.