hey guys i need some seriously help in deciding a merchant + gateway for my ecommerce website, which is selling clothes/apparels . Montly sale will be between 10k to 15k .
i have googled alot and came down to 2 companies that i think are OK. Please help me decide which one is better or if you have had experince with these companies please share your openion.
These are the rates i have been offered.

---------------------
BOA merchant services:

US visa/master/disvry : 2.10% + 0.20 per trans
US visa/master debit cards : 1.85% + 0.20 per trans
US visa/master/disvry reward or corp cards: 3.10% + 0.20 per trans
amex : 3.50 + 0.20
international visa/master: 3.2% + 0.20
chargeback $15
monthly fee $20
3 years contract
visa/master yearly fee $38
-----------------

what i like is the 1.85% rate that im getting on check visa cards . Not sure how many people use those only but if they do then i will be getting a very good rate.
Also the 2.10% rate is not bad , but the rate on the reward cards (which i guess most of the people use these days) is 3.10 % a bit high

2nd company is
---------------------------
ECHO MERCHANTS

US visa/master 2.25% + 0.30 per trans (same rate for debit visa)
US visa/master/reward or corp cards: 2.33% + 0.30 per trans
amex : 3.25%
disvry : 2.22% + 0.10
international visa/master: 2.94% + 0.30
chargeback $5 ( very low chargeback fee)
monthly fee $10
3 years contract
--------------------------------
what i like about this is the low reward card fees and the chargback cost. also amex is a bit lower .

well thats about it, your help is grealty apprecaited

thankyou

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

---------------------
BOA merchant services:

US visa/master/disvry : 2.10% + 0.20 per trans
US visa/master debit cards : 1.85% + 0.20 per trans
US visa/master/disvry reward or corp cards: 3.10% + 0.20 per trans
amex : 3.50 + 0.20
international visa/master: 3.2% + 0.20
chargeback $15
monthly fee $20
3 years contract
visa/master yearly fee $38
-----------------

what i like is the 1.85% rate that im getting on check visa cards . Not sure how many people use those only but if they do then i will be getting a very good rate.
Also the 2.10% rate is not bad , but the rate on the reward cards (which i guess most of the people use these days) is 3.10 % a bit high

The monthly fee is a little high. It shouldn't be more then $10. There also should not be any annual fee. Otherwise this is not a bad deal.

---------------------------
ECHO MERCHANTS

US visa/master 2.25% + 0.30 per trans (same rate for debit visa)
US visa/master/reward or corp cards: 2.33% + 0.30 per trans
amex : 3.25%
disvry : 2.22% + 0.10
international visa/master: 2.94% + 0.30
chargeback $5 ( very low chargeback fee)
monthly fee $10
3 years contract
--------------------------------
what i like about this is the low reward card fees and the chargback cost. also amex is a bit lower .

The American Express rate they quoted you is incorrect. American Express has a set fee structure and it will be the same regardless of which merchant account provider you choose. As an Internet company your rate will automatically be 3.50%. You also will pay a passthru fee of approximately 20¢ to go through the Visa and MC network.

I wouldn't call a low chargeback fee a benefit. If you get too many you'll be shut down forever. So instead of thinking it won't be as bad to get chargebacks, do your best not to get any at all.

i've had bad luck with bank of america in the past. our chargeback rates were way below any threshold and they kept contacting us saying we were in a bad area. i don't know the other company you mention, so i can't say anything on them. i went thru a different company that i can pass along if you'd like.

good luck :)

hi my name is Thomas
i can beat both of those rates and give you no contract email me if you are interested neither one of those rates are very competitive. blaketh08@yahoo.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.