I recently came across a service that allows people to get a badge that can be included as part of their social media identity that validates that they are online in communities as a private citizen, a business professional, a representative of a corporation or as part of a not-for-profit or academia. While this seems like a good idea and could have some valid applications in the various social media arenas, does anyone think that there will be a wider push for people to validate who they are or in what capacity they are participating in a social media channel as?

Online identity validation is becoming increasingly important in today's connected society. Thus, I strongly vote for such move. I think there is OpenID which had some momentum some time ago but I have not heard much about it these days. Now, it is "Facebook Connect".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.