Hi all, I have a new job in software development and am trying to design a class specification. Now I am able to do this, but i just wondered if there is a class specification 'how - to' template I could read up on? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello majestic0110,

I don't understand very well your question, so i'll try to provide you the best help i can :D

Here you can find some pattern design models for software development:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_npattern_(computer_science)

In the "Behavior Patterns" section you will find the "Template method", i hope is what you are searching for :D

Regards!

hmmm i more mean that if one is to start writing an application, one must plan it.I just wondered if there were any valuable resources dealing with the planning stage? many thanks for reply

> but i just wondered if there is a class specification 'how - to' template I could read up on?
Your company's coding guidelines should have this kind of information.
It should cover things like style, content, presentation etc.

hmm ok thanks. will follow that up with director. had no such breifing as of yet with that regards. thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.