Thank you for having a forum for us to go when in need!
I d/l the new IE 6 from microsoft, I have Windows XP.
When clicking on second link in many web sites I get a Microsoft window that is blank. Also, when there is an email with a link, like from ebay to check an auction, nothing happens at all when clicking the link.
I d/l new patches from MS today, still did not help.
And reset all my defaults in IE, as suggested by one off your responders to another post. Also, deleted all cookies as they suggested.
Would anyone know what I should do?
Really, at this point I'd like to delete the new IE 6 and reset to the original but have no idea on how too.
Agian thank you for your knowledge and TIME!
Cjoan

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I am having the same issue here. I noticed that I am missing two dll files (iecont.dll, iecontlc.dll) and can't seem to find them anywhere. Need help also!!!!! Thanks.

check this out might be same problem
[thread]1053[/thread]

caperjack, just for the future, per the board announcement, please now reference other threads on the board as [ thread]1053[ /thread]

thanks! i already fixed your above post for you

OK ,sorry !

Sounds like the problem I had last week and posted here. There were several websites that, when I tried to go to their next link, just gave me a blank page. And I had recently installed the IE6 update before then. So you can try what worked for me. I had to reinstall Visual Basic Script Support. I found it on the microsoft site, file name scr56en.exe. It says that it is for W98, ME, and NT4 but since I couldn't find one listed for XP (which is what I also have on my computer), I used it and it worked fine. I also ran windows update right afterwards just to be safe. Hope this helps.

I have the same problem, tried everything MS suggest, nothing, hoped this VB re-load may help, no.
HELP!!

Kev.

Guys, I had the same problem. My solution was to get the mozilla browser, it is much better then IE. Go to www.mozilla.org It fixed that problem, and is way better!!

WAY.......
DUDE THAT IS SO WAY!!!
Its what John Conner uses

Anyone care to comment why they like Mozilla better than Opera?

Dani is a gal :P

Thanks a lot Caperjack. The site address you have given lead me to the solution.
Thanks again.

Arvind..... from INDIA

Dear Cjoan

I saw your enquiry about problems with links on IE 6. I seem to be having the same problem. Did you solve yours? If so how. Regards

colinryall

I was having the same problem with IE6 and i am using mozilla now, cheers guys.

Thank you for having a forum for us to go when in need!
I d/l the new IE 6 from microsoft, I have Windows XP.
When clicking on second link in many web sites I get a Microsoft window that is blank. Also, when there is an email with a link, like from ebay to check an auction, nothing happens at all when clicking the link.
I d/l new patches from MS today, still did not help.
And reset all my defaults in IE, as suggested by one off your responders to another post. Also, deleted all cookies as they suggested.
Would anyone know what I should do?
Really, at this point I'd like to delete the new IE 6 and reset to the original but have no idea on how too.
Agian thank you for your knowledge and TIME!
Cjoan

Hi
I have just started getting the same problem with IE6 although my operating system is Windows 98SE.
Have followed various bits of advice that I have found with regard to removing IE6 / reverting to IE5.5 and lastly reloading IE6 again. None of these bits of advice cured the problem. Methinks that maybe there is a bug in IE6 that Microsoft is not acknowledging as this appears to be happening quite a bit.

There are two things that I have managed to do to get around the problem.

Either a) on the blank window click STOP and then REFRESH
or b) Copy the URL / close the original window / paste the URL into the address box of the blank window / Hit Enter button

Sorry can't help further with regard to curing problem but although not the perfect answer this should get around the problem, until someone can come up with a permanent fix

Hi
This may come out twice as I've never replied to anything before so not sure what should be put where
I have just started getting the same problem with IE6 although my operating system is Windows 98SE.
Have followed various bits of advice that I have found with regard to removing IE6 / reverting to IE5.5 and lastly reloading IE6 again. None of these bits of advice cured the problem. Methinks that maybe there is a bug in IE6 that Microsoft is not acknowledging as this appears to be happening quite a bit.

There are two things that I have managed to do to get around the problem.

Either a) on the blank window click STOP and then REFRESH
or b) Copy the URL / close the original window / paste the URL into the address box of the blank window / Hit Enter button

Sorry can't help further with regard to curing problem but although not the perfect answer this should get around the problem, until someone can come up with a permanent fix

I am having the same problem. When I double click any secondary link, like the one is yahoo mail called "print this page" the page doesn't open at all.
Does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks for your help , I am going nuts!

Hi fi216, welcome to TechTalk :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforu...b_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Hey,
If your trying to view link on ebay etc etc, it may be because you dont have Java and Acrobat reader on your computer as many websites require this to open certain page's,

You can download at,

www.acrobat.com
www.java.com

Or off kazza there is a windows xp version,

Hope this helps!!

Parcan,

Write back if the problem presists

:p

Dudes i had that problem and resolved it just now. Just uninstall all the pop up protection programs and the like yahoo, google, msn toolbars and u should be able to open links again without getting the send error report box thingy bob

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.