please explain in detail how computer work.in term of computer processing cycle.for example when we start compuer how comper parts(ram,processor,hard disk,busses,etc )perform task or work.and how windows work. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

please explain in detail how computer work.in term of computer processing cycle.for example when we start compuer how comper parts(ram,processor,hard disk,busses,etc )perform task or work.and how windows work.

This is a joke, right? Go do your own homework!

i think so..joke??

that is too funny. Did you really just think people would explain everything, lol. I will be first to admit i can't remember ever detail of everything, so i've been working on memory managment. Listen if your a techie you have a new god, he calls himself <b>Google.</b> and hes damn proud.

I'm an apostate!
My god is O'Reilly and his prophet is Amazon ;)
Though I must admit I sometimes sin and worship the others whom Amazon also preaches.

Joke?

OK.

- There are little tiny men inside the computer who pick up the numbers and carry them around.

- Some of those tiny men know how to do 1-bit math.

- When the little men get hungry, they go to the power supply to eat.

- How does Windows work? In my opinion, it doesn't. It just messes everything up.

- If your hard disk crashes, all the little men fall down and get hurt.

:D

Joke?

OK.

- There are little tiny men inside the computer who pick up the numbers and carry them around.

- How does Windows work? In my opinion, it doesn't. It just messes everything up.

too cute, lol. lol heres how math applys, lol you know how memory applys it self in 32, 64, 128, 256 etc.. well its because memory carrys in powers of 2 sarting at 2 to the power of 2 all the way to 1024 and beyond!

Actually, computers do not work. Work = force X distance. The computer neither applies force nor moves (unless you drop it, and it does some work on your toe).

hehe, yes. The power's of two travel in 8 bits to a byte, in a bus. lol. Google up more on it if you really need help. Im not a computer science professional, but i got some of the basic's down. Lets count Base 2!

The little men eat in bytes.

Hi,

I just wonder if instead of electrons and wires, we had pipes and water. Imagine a hydrolic computer. We would have leaks instead of bugs (wait, we do have memory leaks... better think of a different term... drips? But water under pressure doesn't drip... it squirts) so we have squirts instead of bugs, the power supply would be a pump, we wouldn't have to worry about floods and such.

We would not be able to use the hydrolic computer in subzero temperatures. So much for space travel.

Christian

well, in low temperatures different liquids can be substituted.

In fact your idea isn't as farfetched as you think. It is entirely possible to create calculating machines in hydraulic circuitry and such has indeed been done.
While not entire computers AFAIK, things like flipflops and transistors have been created using hydraulic and pneumatic (which is closely related, using gasses instead of liquids) components.

And is DNA just the storage module for a biologic computer? Let's see, what cells do I need over HERE? Well, consult my handy dandy DNA strand.... SKIN!

Joke?

OK.

Are there only men, no cute chics running in my computer? :mrgreen:

I own a computer that uses marbles and gravity instead of electricity. It's great for demonstrating how computers do math.

Are there only men, no cute chics running in my computer? :mrgreen:

The chicks peck at and eat all of the bits, and scratch the disks with their claws. So we don't want them there. But we keep one, to peep to make the beeping sound.

Nobody mentioned the bus fare for the data bus either. Each man has to pay 8 computrons.

Oh great. Do you have a few years?

Lets bring this down to its most basic level. Computers run on binary, 1s and 0s. Boolean Logic gates prosses them. Theses gates have only to settings 1 or 0, ture or false, on or off. There are several kinds on gates. The first two digits (on the left) are the imports the last one (farest to the right is the output, with the exception of the NOT gate wihch only has 1 inport.

The basic gates:

NOT:

AND:

OR:

Those are the 3 basic gates. There are many more that are combination of those 3.

The Not gates:

NOR:

NAND

The X gates:

XOR:

XNOR:

Using these gates we can make (sorry my pet bird is on my shoulder bugging me) more complex things such as the multiplexer, demultiplexer, RAM, Flip flops, and do math.

http://www.play-hookey.com/

Now we are going to stift gears. Play-hookey will explain how all the stuff I just measion works cause I don't have the time or pasences (sp) to.

I hope you know what RAM, ROM, and Harddrives are. RAM is the memory your computer uses when its runing. Your hard Drive is where perminite memory is stored. Why do we have to have RAM then. Your computer would run 10 times slowing if it did because RAM is very quick to access. Harddrives take longer. ROM is where periment instuctions are held. Go the Howstuffworks and read these articals

Bites & Bytes

Boolean Logic

Electronic Gates

Hard Drives

RAM

ROM

General Memory

Microprossors

PC

Thats the hardware.

Computer works. My teacher says that it evolved out of simpler electronic equipment... probably operating systems evolved out of computer viruses in years of evolution.. and microprocessors evolved out of tamagotchi :cool:

[IMG]http://www.emu8086.com/assembly_language_tutorial_assembler_reference/model.gif[/IMG]

Computer feeds on a low level programming language, sometimes it's called assembler. If you program in C++ language, compiler automatically converts your code to this low level code. This code is hardly readable by a human being, but you can use a disassembler or a debug program to see how it works from inside.

check out this tutorial for more.

Appel Macintosh works a bit different from IBM PC compatible computers, but the idea behind all this is the same...

Computer shall not live by electricity alone, but by every thought that proceeds out of the brain of a Man

lol yes i agree ues GOOGLE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.