Every time I attempt to write a program of my choice, I immediately get a mind block and I'm stuck on the project for awhile not because I don't understand the project, but because I've written so many programs that it has gotten to the point where I don't want to write an incorrect program so I'm stuck writing it on paper. When I put some serious thought into it I make notepad documents with Pseudocode. Then I keep thinking through it and I realize I don't have much of a heart to finish the program, but I know it is good training for me to do so because there are programs that I will work on in the future that I may not like or agree with and I have to get used to fixing them or adding to them, etc.

I have all of these thoughts running in my head and I can't simply just "write code." I know of some people that gain an idea and can immediately design what it is they're thinking with some refactoring done here and there on the way and wallah they have a program. But I'm not at all like that. For some reason I keep getting mind blocks when writing programs.

How do I solve this problem?

Please don't tell me to "write a program that will give Intrade suggestions on how to solve his problem."

Thanks

-Intrade

>How do I solve this problem?
You solve it by actually caring about coding the solution.

That is how code gets finished. If you really don't care about the project you've decided to piddle around with, you're not going to put in the time, thought, and effort to see it completed. For school or real-world work projects, this decision is made for you - you don't have the option of shrugging your shoulders and saying "I don't have much of a heart to finish the program".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.