Hello, before I ask anything THIS IS A HOMEWORK QUESTION! I know alot of people dont like to help with homework, however I have really tried on this and I still dont think I have it. Im not asking for the answer as I do need to learn it myself but if someone could roughly tell me where I am going wrong I would be so thankful...
This is the requirements: A batch file that...
• It will backup all contents of a folder called 'myFiles' to a folder called 'myFilesBackup'.
• If 'myFilesBackup' doesn't exist, the batch file should create it.
• If 'myFilesBackup' is empty the batch file should copy all files including subdirectories.
• If 'myFilesBackup' is not empty it should copy only newer files, without prompting.
• Don't use absolute paths, only relative folder names.
• You will need to use command line Help to find the best command to use and what parameters to use. The Copy command won't work; you will need a command that does eXtra.
• You may have noticed from Internet research that some batch files use the @echo off command. Do not use this command in this batch file.
REM stuff here.........
xcopy C:\myFiles C:\myFilesBackup /E /Y
Am I on the right track?