Hello.
Im Majoring in Computer Science and Engineering and I take a Computer Architecture cource this semester. I have a research report to do as a part of the cource. I have choosen a good topic to research about which is: Prediction of Indirect Jumps. Of-cource the report should be writtten in thesis format. In formation about the thesis format can be found here: "http://cs.guc.edu.eg/courses/_Spring2008/CSEN601/collections/bachelor.pdf". But I think I will have much trouble in the report itself except maybe in the section callded 'My own approach". Of-cource you can read about it in the thesis format information. I haven't made any contributions or experiments (or what or how should i do..) so im not sure what i will write. I only did some tests on some benchmarks in the lab (using linux OS) using a program which you may know which is called "Simple Scalar". But i also have a bigger problem which is in the research itself. I only found like 2 or 3 articles. I couldnt find more or what i could find requires regestration or money or.. i just couldnt get the full text of the articles. Is there any other thing i should do?
I have to submmit the report withn three weeks So please try to reply a soon as possible(if u can). Any help will be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

So because you were lazy and didn't start until 3 weeks before the paper is due, and can't be bothered to do more than a cursory search of the web, you want us to write your paper for you...

Do your own homework, kiddo. If you can't you deserve to fail.

commented: The same old same old posts get tiring don't they +16

> But i also have a bigger problem which is in the research itself. I only found like 2 or 3 articles.
Well if it was real research, there should be ZERO papers.
Not slapping together some half-assed result of a few google searches.

> I haven't made any contributions or experiments
But claiming other peoples work as your own is fine? - Yeah, rightttttt!!!!

> "http://cs.guc.edu.eg/courses/_Spring2008/CSEN601/collections/bachelor.pdf".
Thanks for the URL to your college, I'm sure it'll come in useful at some point.

Ohh, look at the time - gotta go do something "important" to me instead.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

First of All, I have many things to do... not only this research report. I also had mid-term exams last week. Second (i will ckeck) but i dnt think its a real research! its only a report or else i would have been told. Also im not asking you to do my work (which im supposed to do). I will do my Work I just need HELP! (or some help), and of-cource thats ok. All of us may in-counter problems in our work and seek help from others who are better than us (that is ok).
Again, Any help will be very much Appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Take a good book on computer architecture and start reading, once you have finished a chapter start reading the refrences given at the end of the chapter. Most of them will be papers from IEEE or ACM so you need to find access to them as they are paid (try your college, most colleges suscribe to their services). I begin this way when I have to do a major project.

There's no need to use the "I'm busy" card because those of us who've already done some kind of Computer Science degree already know there is way too much work and too little time. That's life, get used to it. Effective time management and doing just what is necessary and sufficient is all part of the deal.

I agree that you should definitely clarify the scope of the work while you've still got time to do something about it.

commented: Totally agree. +3

Effective time management and doing just what is necessary and sufficient is all part of the deal.

In other words, git'er DONE!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.