ymb6 -3 Newbie Poster

Explain, why is the term feasibility design often used to designate conceptual design? Which term do you think is more appropriate? Justify your answer. (3 points)

(hi mates check my answer and tell me wether it's correct plssssssssssssss)

Conceptual design is sometimes called feasibility design, gross design, or high-level design. All these terms carry a portion of the complete meaning of this phase of MIS development.

The feasibility study is conducted during this phase. Also, a broad-brush picture is created by the technical leaders. At the end of this phase, we know the project can be done and roughly how.
Since the conceptual design sets the direction for the MIS project, it is vital that managers participate heavily at this stage. The conceptual design should not be relinquished to technicians.

The process of doing the conceptual design involves showing the feasibility of meeting the management objectives for the MIS and painting the broad-brush picture of the system, shows how the system will work at a gross or high-level. The output of the conceptual design phase is a set of documents describing the MIS in sufficient detail for the technicians to start their work on detailed design. Only after the conceptual design is completed, we know for sure that the MIS can successfully be constructed.

Though in some books the term feasibility is heavily used, I believe the term conceptual design is more appropriate for this phase of MIS development because, the conceptual design includes a feasibility study as well as it gives a clear picture of how the system works at a gross or high level. As I mentioned earlier all these terms carry a portion of the complete meaning of this phase of MIS development