Hello...

Can anyone explain to me what is software decomposition? and what tasks do it entail in the roles on Configuration Management (CM) and Quality Assurance (QA)?

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It's usually defined as breaking up a system into its component parts.
You can then design (or purchase), build (if you decide to build your own), test, and deploy these separately.
When using UML you should end up with a component model and probably a deployment model.

;) I am a new member, was thinking about turning an Excell spread sheet tool I use into CD software. Don't have a clue how to start the process. Is there a model that is generally used to create software?
I know how to break each area up into componet parts but once I do that, how do i know what components to purchase.
If I could create the deployment model I was hopeing to then refine.
Any help to set me on the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

You can then design (or purchase), build (if you decide to build your own), test, and deploy these separately.
When using UML you should end up with a component model and probably a deployment model.

Yes, there are all kinds of processes and procedures you could employ.
You could fill a library with them all in fact :)

Start with describing all the functionalities of your intended system, then work those into more detailed scenarios.
Those can then be distilled into disctinct components, which you can then design for implementation (or select for purchase).

That's a 1 week software analysis and design course condensed into a few lines of text (my coursebook is about a thousand pages).

http://ootips.org/

:confused: Thanks for the fast reply!
Because I am a very deductive person, I have a log of each process I employ and the result I intend to receive.
If you mean by function the mathematical outcomes I have a formula (Excell) attached to each process.
The log breaksdown into components. But because I am a novice all I can conceive is a spreadsheet. I know each step to take when using the spreadsheet to get the results that I want.
My imagination has a visual concept that leads the user through a logical (both inductive and deductive) process to intuitively obtain results of there own design.
What I don't understand is what (component packages) are and how to shop (or use) them for componet functionallity.
What I am also, thinking about but not sure of is, for lack of any other phrase, I don't want to paint myself into a corner should additional refinements be added over time.

Is there and overall Master Model like when you write a paper (Thesis,Body,Conclusion/Restatement) that lends itself to the overall design so I can distill component options at each step to find potential fits that work?

Sorry if this is asking to much,
But, I have a lot of questions.
Russ

Yes, there are all kinds of processes and procedures you could employ.
You could fill a library with them all in fact :)

Start with describing all the functionalities of your intended system, then work those into more detailed scenarios.
Those can then be distilled into disctinct components, which you can then design for implementation (or select for purchase).

That's a 1 week software analysis and design course condensed into a few lines of text (my coursebook is about a thousand pages).

http://ootips.org/

Hello..thanx for the explanation...=)

Cheers,
Angiana

Sorry.. i have one more question..

How “architecture relates to “design?
and How “architecture relates to “framework?

Can u give an example for each relationship??

:confused: Ok,
I am a Visual Basic novice. UML; Is Visual Basic convertable to UML, or am I putting my efforts into something that will have to be re-coded into UML:?: I need to understand what UML is so I approach in the most efficient way?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.