hi
i want to develop project which identify person by capturing image of the person through webcam i.e. it identify the face. i googled this topic i found some algorithm .but there is two type of algorithm one is for detection and other is for recognization so which type of algorithm helpful for this project . plz give the detail how i start for this project that is resources .

is there any available classes or dll . which platform is suitable for this project
and provide link to me that from where i will get resource for this project

thankx

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ravi_14

i preferred following programming laanguage
java
c++
.Net

but i am good in java
thankx
i am waiting for your reply

face detection only detects faces. face recognition is the hability to recognize an image gather from the web camera or other devices and compare it to a image database save in a device. there are two ways to do facial recognizion that i know of. facial recognition using the eigenfaces algorith and fisherfaces which is more accurate. for face detection there are googd tutorial of opencv, and for facial recognition i found a good code found in google codes. right now i'm working on the facial recognition with face detection program.

Go for opencv.
You can see documentation on internet.
I would suggest "Learning OpenCV Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library" book if you are a beginner.
regards,
ravi

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.