Hi Guys. My doubts are related to Brute Force Attack but let me Tell you first that it has nothing to do with the Hacking/Cracking. So please dont block/remove my Post on this Forum. I want to study more about Brute Force Attack because it is in my Subject (i.e. E-Commerce). I want to create something to minimize the risk of Brute Force.
I have the Following Queries:

Q.1. How much time a Brute Force Attack will take to guess a password of 10 digits which includes alphabets,numbers & special characters ??
Q.2. If a single processor will only execute the Brute Force Attack then How much times its Speed will increase (forget about the OS instructions here) ??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I do not see that your answers are wrong -- actually I do not see your answer.

I do not see that your answers are wrong -- actually I do not see your answer.

Sir, I want answers for the above asked two questions.

A.1. It depends.

A.2. It depends.

Hi Guys. My doubts are related to Brute Force Attack but let me Tell you first that it has nothing to do with the Hacking/Cracking. So please dont block/remove my Post on this Forum. I want to study more about Brute Force Attack because it is in my Subject (i.e. E-Commerce). I want to create something to minimize the risk of Brute Force.
I have the Following Queries:

Q.1. How much time a Brute Force Attack will take to guess a password of 10 digits which includes alphabets,numbers & special characters ??

How many total characters? (n)
Compute the time to make 1 comparison. (c)
Compute the time to create the next value to compare. (t)
n*c*t*10*10

Q.2. If a single processor will only execute the Brute Force Attack then How much times its Speed will increase (forget about the OS instructions here) ??

If only one processor, how can the speed increase?

How many total characters? (n)
Compute the time to make 1 comparison. (c)
Compute the time to create the next value to compare. (t)
n*c*t*10*10

If only one processor, how can the speed increase?

Hmmm, my math says there is n**10 permutations.

commented: Good point... +17
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.