My company has been using an Access 2003 database for a couple years now and the person who previously worked on it just left, the problem is he never gave me the password to unlock the Visual Basic editor window, and I can't seem to contact him. Does anybody know of a program that could crack the password protection that he placed on the database? I've already tried a few of the password crackers that Google provides, but all of them say that the database isn't password protected.

Don

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by FerrousRex

I fixed my problem, I finally found a program via Google to unlock the VBA editor screen. In case anybody is having a similar problem check out http://www.lostpassword.com/vba.htm. The demo version only unlocks files with two-character passwords, but the full version works very well.

Don

Thanks, that seems to work for most of the databases I use. The only one it doesn't seem to work for is a database that starts up with a modal form, is there anyway to start up this database without this form showing up?

Don

I tried it again a couple times, it just doesn't seem to work for this database. I doesn't matter though, I managed to get into the other databases with the shift key. Thanks for your help.

Don

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.