Hello. I've been attempting a few exercises to brush up on my ER Diagrams using UML notation. I would greatly appreciate some help regarding this particular problem:
• A patient can make many appointments with one or more doctors in the clinic, and a
doctor can accept appointments with many patients. However, each appointment is made
with only one doctor, and each appointment references a single patient.
• Emergency cases do not require an appointment. However, for appointment management
purposes, an emergency is entered in the appointment book as “unscheduled.”
• If kept, an appointment yields a visit with the doctor specified in the appointment. The
visit yields a diagnosis and, when appropriate, treatment.
• With each visit, a patient’s records are updated to provide a medical history. Each visit’s
record consists of a number of ‘lines’, each of which involves a problem, a diagnosis, and
a charge to the patient.
• Each patient visit creates a bill. Each patient visit is billed by one doctor, and each doctor
can bill many patients.
• Each bill must be paid. However, a bill may be paid in many instalments, and a payment
may cover more than one bill.
• A patient may pay the bill directly, or the bill may be the basis for a claim submitted to an
• If the bill is paid by an insurance company, a portion (the ‘deductible’) is submitted to the
patient for payment.
Am I right in saying the entities will be: