i have 3 months to learn my course Data Base Management System, where i must make a project.
I have chosen to make a software to dentist clients.
Please help me with any ideas, my entity , my relationships, is it easy to make or hard???
i am null in data base !
Please explain me in details ,, and thank u

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

You have to consider how many dentists are there and store the details of them. You have to allocate different slots for the dentist and assign a patient to each slot. You have to store the details of the patients and also the history of treatment. Generate reports according to the requirement and so on. This is a very brief idea. If you can give me specific details regarding the project then I can guide you in this

Why are you asking people to explain how to make your database before you take your class? Isn't that why you are taking the class at all?

Come back when you can demonstrate the slightest bit of effort on this and an initial idea of the design.

Why are you asking people to explain how to make your database before you take your class? Isn't that why you are taking the class at all?

Come back when you can demonstrate the slightest bit of effort on this and an initial idea of the design.

i am taking my class now , and i have to choose the project and make the entities and assign the relationships only!

Have you learned anything about what entities and relationships are? if so, then start designing them and ask specific questions when you have trouble.

If you haven't yet learned about them, there isn't any point in asking about them now.

Have you learned anything about what entities and relationships are? if so, then start designing them and ask specific questions when you have trouble.

If you haven't yet learned about them, there isn't any point in asking about them now.

There is a point, actually, because i am totally confused.
Here is how did i think,
Patient entity
Supplier entity (which supplies tools for the dentist, and crowns,,from the lab)
Employees entity

Should i add other entities?? Now how should i think?
How can my program looks like? PLEASe help!

Ok, so now write down the data associated with each of those. Only you know how much data you want the program to manage.

You have the slightest beginning, so now start filling it out.

first of all my project for the university course isnt on web, it just a software using java + mysql database. (1 clinic 1 doctor)
I have decided to make a software for a dentist. Here is what my program should do:
1- schedules for patients
2- balance $$ from every patient (how much did i receive and the remaining balance)
3- employees, i can add them , inserting their salary and information about them
4- supplier, the lab, what and when i will get my supplies. u know the dentist needs some stuff.

PLEASE HELP ME ,, how are the relationships between my entities, and is it difficult to do (i have only 3 months).. and how i can start,, please explain with details

Ok, so now write down the data associated with each of those. Only you know how much data you want the program to manage.

You have the slightest beginning, so now start filling it out.

What should i fill,, i didn't understand!
OK, u mean the attributes?
the type of help that i want is how should i think about it ,, it is difficult to do ?
can u help me with setting my relationships between entities?

This is not really a Java question at this point. It's a database design question so I will move it to that forum.

first of all my project for the university course isnt on web, it just a software using java + mysql database. (1 clinic 1 doctor)
I have decided to make a software for a dentist. Here is what my program should do:
1- schedules for patients----> (PATIENT ENTITY)
2- balance $$ from every patient (how much did i receive and the remaining balance)
3- employees, i can add them , inserting their salary and information about them--->EMPLOYEE ENTITY
4- supplier, the lab, what and when i will get my supplies. u know the dentist needs some stuff.---->SUPPLIER ENTITY

ANY IDEAS for new entities i should add?
WHAT ER relations should be between my entities??
PLEASE HELP

I suggest the supplier part needs to be handled separately as that can't be managed in a single table.

1- schedules for patients----> (PATIENT ENTITY)
3- employees, i can add them , inserting their salary and information about them--->EMPLOYEE ENTITY
4- supplier, the lab, what and when i will get my supplies. u know the dentist needs some stuff.---->SUPPLIER ENTITY

ANY IDEAS for new entities i should add?
WHAT ER relations should be between my entities??
PLEASE HELP

Set up a nice specification and feed it to getafreelancer.com or other outsourcing platforms and let some professional do it for you.
It's not difficult, but if you don't even know where to start then three months could put you in a tight spot. But if you have a clean specification (which is a indismissable part of the work) it can be done in a month's time.
You will need at least the following tables:
- patients
- timetable (references patients),
- invoices (references patients),
- invoice_items (references invoices),
- employees
- suppliers
- supplied_items (references suppliers)
Probably some more.

Point #4 is not as that easy as you think (managing inventory).

Kindly post what ever you have so far and lets discuss on the same.

Ok, I have merged this mess of 4 separate thread for a single issue here. If anyone wonders why there is some repetition, that's why.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.