Member Avatar for TheNinjaForce

I wanted to follow this tutorial but the first step was confusing. I looked ahead to see if the whole thing was too advanced for me and I am pretty sure that I can handle it. This is the part i'm stuck on:

"Okay, so now we're going to get to the fun stuff. The first thing you should do, once you have Flash open, is to create a new Movie Clip. I named it "Guy". Next, you want to draw a representation of your main character, or avatar, or PC. You don't have to be elaborate at this step. After you draw this wonderful piece of art, make another Movie Clip, and drag an instance of this into it. Then, give it's instance a name, like "guy_mc", and drag an instance of the second movie out onto the stage. I find nesting things in this way can make the overall code easier, but you may come up with your own system."

What do they mean by " After you draw this wonderful piece of art, make another Movie Clip, and drag an instance of this into it. Then, give it's instance a name, like "guy_mc", and drag an instance of the second movie out onto the stage. I find nesting things in this way can make the overall code easier, but you may come up with your own system."

Check this page out to see if it helps you any: here. You should be able to drag your "guy" movie clip onto a newly created movie clip, then drag that one from the library onto your stage. Hope that helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.