This is probably in the wrong place but I've looked everywhere for help, and nothing yet.
I have a game save for an indie game, and I'm trying to edit the amount of coins I have. The method I have tried hasn't worked and I'm unsure why. Here was my method:
1) Open the game save in HxD (or a hex edit program)
2) Assuming I have 10000 coins, search for the integer 10000
3) This will highlight the hex value for 10000
4) Then replace this value with something like 30000
5) Rehash & Resign the save
6) I should now have 30000 coins instead of 10000 coins....but I don't
The developer of the game is fine with me trying this btw. Any ideas would be really helpful. I can send you the save if you would like. I just like messing around but it's annoying me because I can't see what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in anticipation