Hey guys and gals, any ideas on gaming laptops with good cooling system. Mine just melted ... :/

Recommended Answers

As long as I dismiss the light and thin models they seem fine. But none can compete with desktops for 100% CPU and GPU load conditions. Eventually the unit will throttle. Are you OK with that? If not, you want a desktop. Not to leave you without names: Acer, Asus, …

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

As long as I dismiss the light and thin models they seem fine. But none can compete with desktops for 100% CPU and GPU load conditions. Eventually the unit will throttle. Are you OK with that? If not, you want a desktop. Not to leave you without names: Acer, Asus, MSI, Dell and others make really good gaming laptops. Again, we dismiss the light and thin models.

Thanks! I had a Republic of Gamers I thought it was better made. I mean its not badly made but I didnt expect the processor to melt after 10 months of use

I wish I knew which ROG melted. At under a year you are in warranty so you have that going for you. Our ROGs are all still working and now for the ones at home are 4 years old and will freshen them up with new keyboards. I wish laptop keyboards were double-shot like you can get on gaming keyboards but at 20 to 99 bucks for the keyboard (we do our own repair work for this) it's fine.

ASUS is the best for gaming

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.