Hello, I would like to know how much time is taking to develop a game, you may ask why am I asking this question the reason is that I'm a newbie in this field and it will be my 1st project doing practically, I was a little bit confused about it.

kishanrg commented: Developing a game can vary greatly in terms of time depending on several factors such as the complexity of the game, the size of the development team. +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This is like the other question "How long is a piece of string?"

Time to develop can't be estimated without a lot more detail which as you may guess would be a lot of detail. If the game is simple like Tic-Tac-Toe, then you give the developer a day, maybe more if they want a smartphone version. If it's something like World Of Warcraft, then a few years.

I would like to share my views that I have made a an app it hardly takes two to three hours to complete this task. If you work with full motivation then there is no difficult to complete this task.

This depends on the complexity of the game and what programming language you chose to use as well as your skill level and how much research you will need to get the results you want.

If it is a graphics heavy original concept game, you will need a lot of planning and coding time as well as story boarding so you can keep the flow of the game the way you want it.

If it's your own version of someting simple that is already available, it will take much less time. Maybe give a little more information as to what type of game and where your skill level is.

The time it takes to develop a game can vary greatly depending on a variety of factors, such as the complexity of the game, the size of the development team, the available resources, and the experience of the developers.

The time it takes to develop a game can vary significantly depending on various factors, including the scope of the game, the size of the development team, the complexity of the gameplay mechanics, the available resources, and the experience of the developers. Developing a game involves multiple stages, including concept development, design, programming, artwork, sound design, testing, and polishing.

Small, simple games with basic mechanics and limited features can be developed by a small team or even a single developer in a matter of weeks or a few months. These types of games are often referred to as indie games or casual mobile games. They typically have minimalistic graphics and straightforward gameplay.

On the other hand, larger and more complex games, such as AAA titles or games with advanced graphics, immersive worlds, and intricate gameplay mechanics, can take several months to several years to develop. These games often require a larger team of developers, artists, designers, sound engineers, and quality assurance testers. The development process for these games involves extensive planning, prototyping, iterative design, and meticulous attention to detail.

The development time can also be influenced by external factors, such as changes in the game's concept or design during the development process, technical challenges, budget constraints, and unexpected obstacles that may arise.

Developing a game can vary greatly in terms of time depending on several factors such as the complexity of the game, the size of the development team, and the resources available. However, on average, it can take anywhere from six months to several years to develop a game from start to finish.

Simple mobile games with basic mechanics might take a few months to develop, while larger-scale projects with advanced graphics, complex gameplay mechanics, and multiplayer features can take several years to complete. Additionally, factors like debugging, testing, and polishing can extend the development timeline.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.