Ok I got something Visual C++ is that alright

OoO ORGE is sweet

But the question is where Can I downlooad it with out having to run bunch of stuff?? like pre compiled

Well... What I mean is like where I can just do the graphicing ? Any pre mades? Which one should I download tehres SDK and anthoer

Member Avatar for iamthwee

The info is all there on the site. I'm using blender's game engine at the moment but only cos i'm already versed in creating models and familar with the interface.

Well... I cant get this to work...

Well... I cant get this to work...

*Sigh*...

When you say "I can't get this to work" and expecting us to find the solution, that just doesn't help.

When you write a game, you usually create the 3D models with a 3D modelling program such as Blender. These are then saved for later use.

Then in the program's code, it loads the model from the file when it needs it, parses the data, and saves the resulting data into memory. This data is then used to draw the model to the screen.

The OpenGL SDK will be installed in:
<compiler directory>/include/gl.h glu.h glut.h
<compiler directory>/libs/glut32.lib glu32.lib

If you may have noticed, GLUT is not part of the OpenGL SDK and may have to be downloaded, as it's very helpful when creating OpenGL windows and other interface tasks.

The most important tip when compiling OpenGL apps is to make sure that the lib files (glut32.lib/glu32.lib) are linked with the project. Instructions for adding these files to the link list are compiler-specific, so look for a list of .lib files, and just add glu32.lib and glut32.lib to that list.

You just managed to create a "Hello World" program, and now you're trying to create an MMORPG? Be realistic. To write a game you need:

• Be proficient in C/C++. This means you need to know how to write complex classes without runnining to a forum for help.
  • Learn a graphics library such as OpenGL or DirectX. Without them, you'd be forced to write your own graphics library just to draw something like a square. OpenGL and DirectX are a whole new can of worms, though.
  • To write a 3D game, you need to have good 3D math skills. You should be completely comfortable with vectors, matrices, and the like.
  • And the list goes on...

Don't want to discourage you or anything, but I'm just saying you're biting off a bit more than you can chew. Please, PLEASE learn C++ well, and then you can start learning OpenGL (and starting in OpenGL means 2D games, too).

exaclty....

i mastered vb for concepts then c++ console apps, then i leart basic win32/mfc then i got a book on directx game making which came with tutorials, modelling software and an IDE

i mastered vb for concepts then c++ console apps, then i leart basic win32/mfc then i got a book on directx game making which came with tutorials, modelling software and an IDE

I agree with you completely.
Not many people fully understand what is meant by "Rome was not built in a day".

Before you run, you must learn to crawl.

I started off with basic C programs, OpenGL, DirectX, then third party game engines ( Irrlicht ), modelling tools like Milkshape 3d and animation tools like character FX.

When you say "I can't get this to work" and expecting us to find the solution, that just doesn't help.

;)

Of course, you could try to build a game that doesn't use any high - res graphics. Ever heard of ZZT? That's what I'd do if I wanted to build a game for a hobby. Why? Because I'm too lazy to even try to learn all that 3D programming bumf :p .

Steven.

Well... What I mean is like where I can just do the graphicing ? Any pre mades? Which one should I download tehres SDK and anthoer

:eek:

You need to learn to crawl first, my man. I don't think you ought to be concerned yet with writing a game as much as you should be learning how to read and write code. Don't worry about downloading anything yet. Hit Amazon.com and start buying C++ and OpenGL books. If you're going to be using Visual Studio as your dev environment, check out a book on that as well. Speaking of "checking out", you could even go to your local library and take a look at their computer book section.

If you can't get some basic stuff to compile, you're never going to get anywhere with a pre-fab download framework. You've gotta learn what's going on under the hood first.

Best of luck to ya!

btw, where can i learn programming for java mobile games or such. i need some idea, i wanted to use J2ME Tech & WAP/WML anyway, I don't have any aim here, I just need a title for my final, then i'll do it with those tech.. anyone got an idea? please tell me.... i'm blank of idea...

Haha. A stroke of genius.
A funny thread.

This thread made me guffaw. I mean seriously? Does he feel he's THAT smart?

(doesn't seem so to me)

hi, i agree completly, learn 3D graphics and c++ before you can even attempt to create a simple game but in the long run developing a unit such as WOW would take a single designer around 2 years. I specialize in HTML and web design i mostly use PHP and Javascript, so if you even need a hand just ask :D anyway yh if you want a full video tutorial download it from a bitTorrent leacher like BTjunkie, Lynda.com

developing a unit such as WOW would take a single designer around 2 years.

More like 200.

Wow took a few years to make, with many excellent coders

Well buddy game programming is really complex its really difficult if you able to do it ... it will be very good for ya...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.