hi, I want to start developing android apps. The problem I faced is that the emulator is kinda slow when it starts. Moreover, it needs a high configure pc.

My friend told me to look into other option such as Openplug. The code looks like actionscript and you could deploy the app in iphone and android. What do you think? Should I go with this openplug or just use the android sdk?

I haven't tried iphone sdk, emulator. Is that slow like android emulator too?

hi, I want to start developing android apps. The problem I faced is that the emulator is kinda slow when it starts. Moreover, it needs a high configure pc.

Common mistake of trying to start emulator on each compile, start it and have it running before deploying application on emulator. After that do not close it leave it running

My friend told me to look into other option such as Openplug. The code looks like actionscript and you could deploy the app in iphone and android. What do you think? Should I go with this openplug or just use the android sdk?

Another development tool trying to cone developer in using it because you can develop for any mobile platform...

Rapid User Interface design with XML and CSS.
Script-oriented programming in JavaScript or ActionScript, you name it!
Flex-based framework with built-in support for WebServices and Network APIs.

There are pros and cons to this and you should investigate more what would be more suitable for you. For starter these tools use HTML5 and JavaScript instead or platform programming language (Java for Android, Objective C for iOS)

I haven't tried iphone sdk, emulator. Is that slow like android emulator too?

I think iPhone emulator is faster, however limitation factor here is need for Mac OS machine. There been various attempts to avoid use of Apple dedicated hardware but either failed or have limitations of some sort

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.