Hey all, I've finally embarked on my journey of Mobile app development in java and I've ran into a stop sign already, lol.

So I am working with the latest stable release of NetBeans, totally new to it, And I am working with a macbook (leopard 10.5.8) yeah I've had it for a while but its still good to me.

I am trying to get familiar with the IDE and using it to develop my MIDlet's, but I need to be able to run the application via OTA. The book I'm learning from says it's necessary.

The emulator I'm using is MPowerPlayer sdk. I've searched all the menu options and there is no where that offers the option of running my app via OTA. And I have combed through the netbeans website and any forums I could find that mentioned anything about MPowerPlayer and or OTA.

Does any one know how I can have the emulator run via OTA? I'll be looking searching nonstop until I get an answer from here or else where. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hey all, I've finally embarked on my journey of Mobile app development in java and I've ran into a stop sign already, lol.

So I am working with the latest stable release of NetBeans, totally new to it, And I am working with a macbook (leopard 10.5.8) yeah I've had it for a while but its still good to me.

I am trying to get familiar with the IDE and using it to develop my MIDlet's, but I need to be able to run the application via OTA. The book I'm learning from says it's necessary.

The emulator I'm using is MPowerPlayer sdk. I've searched all the menu options and there is no where that offers the option of running my app via OTA. And I have combed through the netbeans website and any forums I could find that mentioned anything about MPowerPlayer and or OTA.

Does any one know how I can have the emulator run via OTA? I'll be looking searching nonstop until I get an answer from here or else where. Thanks to anyone who can help.

So its me again… everyone can disregard this post, I figured out how to do it. For any one who may be wondering the same thing, what you do is this.

1) Open up Netbeans and open up the project you want to run via OTA

2) Click on the file menu, and select the 'Project Properties (project name)' Option.

3) on the left hand side of the properties window that pops up there is a list marked categories... select run from the list.

4) Finally there is the option to run the emulator via OTA, select it and get to work!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.