Hello how do you feel about Ionic 3 and Angular 4 frameworks? Are they compatible with Ios? Do i need to know Java to use them?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,
First up, no Java needed at all. Angular is based in TypeScript now which has a very similar structure to JavaScript. If you don't know Javascript that well, it's easy to pick up.
Using Ionic will mainly come down to running some commands on the CLI to build, deploy, that kind of thing plus, possibly using some of the Ionic controls in your HTML.
They are very compatible with iOS but you should probably understand the difference between how Ionic compiles an app (essentially into a webview inside an app container) vs other options that result in native code (Xamarin for example).
Also, some other frameworks (ReactJS, Vue, etc) seem to have a performance advantage over Angular. I've built several apps using Angular 1 through4 now and have found the perfomance to be perfectly acceptable but not lightning fast.

hope that helps.

Thanks Hericles i got it. I've downloaded an example app using Ionic Angular. How should i test and edit it? I have installed Node.JS and use the commands to install the latest ionic and Angular

npm install -g @angular/cli
ng new PROJECTNAME
cd PROJECTNAME
ng serve

and then i can see the result on localhost:4200

How can i see the result on the another example app i have downloaded?

Hey,

I tottaly agreed with @hericles. Thanks for the sugesstions Man! Yes, ionic 3 and angular 4 probably compatiable with ios and you don't need java for that.

For more knowldge, https://viitorcloud.com/

Cheers!

What is the best editor to use? Should it be Android Studio?

@S.

The best tools are what you can wield and create results. Now I'm not an expert on Android Studio but I will share that I'm up to my neck using AS.

Let me share the story as much as I can due to client agreements. The client is one of my oldest and they tried outsourcing and they ended up with a collection of tools like Eclipse and all the other parts in order to make an Android developer system. So setting up is a PITR. After they called it quits with a few outsource places they can back to me with a problem/bug that needing fixing. For some reason I didn't get into the Eclipse setup they told me just wouldn't compile their project. Given the 30 day deadline I went back to AS and the project loaded and compiled. I was then able to address the issues.

So my thought is you have to choose the tools that work for you. In the case of Android work, AS is my go to solution since I need it to just work. I do not want to be mired in "production hell." (thanks Tesla.)

I've never been too fond of Android Studio. I use Visual Studio Code for anything Angular now and love it. But it really comes down to a couple of things: does the editor have the features I need to get the job done and do I like using it? If you say yes to both, use it.

For any Angular/Ionic project you can go into the root folder and run the command to send it to the browser, using either 'ionic cordova ...' or 'npm ....' for whichever way you initially set it up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.