Hello :)
is it possible in vb.net for a datagrid to take input???I have always known it to behave as a window to the database..If it's possible,how is it done??
Thanks in advance for the result of my queries!:)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can't take input from Grid, rather you can use some controls to pass value to SELECT statement and what returns is the Grid's DataSource

Ok!!
Thanx for the info.
Actually i want the user to TYPE in data into a table and then, on the click of the save button,the data is saved to the database i.e into the actual table in the database.
for example:

name age state country
---
---
---
---
and so on

|--------------|
| SAVE |
|--------------|
:)

....all done at the front end,in order to simulate data entry into an actual table.

How do i do dis?????
Data grid has dat kind of structure...sadly it takes no input.
Can anyone temme how dis cud b accomplished?

Hmmm....VB.net must have some visual 'table' like control,like there is in microsoft word and excel,dat cud make data entry of dis sort possible...:)
there's something for a treeview,but no TABLE!!!!

want the user to TYPE in data into a grid and then, on the click of the save button,the data is saved to the database i.e into the actual table in the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.