Hello, I am new here so Hi to everyone.
My name is Debbie and need help writing a pseudocode for the following program as Im a little confused, heres the program for code:
write a program that can be used to calculate the cost of a phone call. a call is local if the area code is 908, 732, 973, or 201.
for local calls, it is 6 cents per minute for calls that are 5 min or less, 5 cents for calls longer than 5 min, and up to 10 min, and 4 cents for calls longer than 10 min.

for long distance calls it is 12 cents per minute for calls 8 min or less and 9 cents per min that exceeds 8 min.
program should,
1. ask user to input area code, phone number, length of call
2 calculate cost of call
3 output the phone number, length of call and cost of call in seperate boxes with appropriate labels
this is sooo confusing, can anyone help???

Recommended Answers

Heres the code but it only calculates local calls. I have to leave the rest on you. :P

Dim LocalCall As Boolean
Dim CallMinute As Integer
Dim TotalCall As Integer
'this is to check if it is a local call
If txtArea.Text = "908" Or txtArea.Text = …
Jump to Post

Glad to help and Please mark the thread closed. Thanks.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

Oh yeah, I know that input has to be tabbed in and all that, but when I get to the if then else on the compund desicion, im so lost, if someone could walk me thru this Id appreciate it I feel if I know why something has to be, then Ill understand it better and be able to do this-lol

Heres the code but it only calculates local calls. I have to leave the rest on you. :P

Dim LocalCall As Boolean
Dim CallMinute As Integer
Dim TotalCall As Integer
'this is to check if it is a local call
If txtArea.Text = "908" Or txtArea.Text = "732" Or txtArea.Text = "973" Or txtArea.Text = "201" Then
        LocalCall = True
Else
        LocalCall = False
End If

If LocalCall = True Then
    ' local call 5 minutes or less
    If Val(txtMinute.Text) <= 5 Then
        CallMinute = 6
    ' local call 6 minutes to 10 minutes
    ElseIf Val(txtMinute.Text) >= 6 And Val(txtMinute.Text) <= 10 Then
        CallMinute = 5
    Else
    ' local call 11 minutes above
        CallMinute = 4
    End If
Else
    'Long distance Call here
End If

'calculate call cos
TotalCall = CallMinute * Val(txtMinute.Text)
MsgBox (TotalCall)

Wow! How did you do that-lol. Thanks, Now I have to study this so I really get it!!

Glad to help and Please mark the thread closed. Thanks.

Ok, no problem, and thanks so much again!!:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.