Hey everyone,

I'm trying to make a C++ program that inputs data into a web page.

For example make a program that takes an input and enters it on the google search box and presses the enter button for you!

Can anyone help me? Any codes or ideas where to start? I'm a beginner w/ C++ and i want to do this because i have to input data into a web page for my work a lot...

Also I have seen this done with a C++ program, but the author wouldn't share the code with me... :( , i kno he used chilkatdotnet2.dll in his program file, but i dunno how the heck he used it...

Thank you ahead of time!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

um, trying to exploit Google page rankings is a significant problem even for experts.. as a "beginner", you'll be better served trying to program a Sudoku game or something...

but, if you're really intent on trying to hack some websites, most SkriptKiddi3Z prefer Perl for this sort of task...

um, trying to exploit Google page rankings is a significant problem even for experts.. as a "beginner", you'll be better served trying to program a Sudoku game or something...

but, if you're really intent on trying to hack some websites, most SkriptKiddi3Z prefer Perl for this sort of task...

I don't think that's what he wants to do.

I think he wants to make a macro to put something in google?

In that case he's trying to make a bot. I'm not going to assist in a program that causes more spam.

NO NO NO NO

you all got me WRONG !! i dont care bout hacking, bots, or spam...

Im doing this bkz at my job i have to enter in data into a website from data on an excel file...

I figured that if i could take data from the excel file and put it on a notepad file, then use the <fstream> and put it all and submit it one at a time w/o all the button clicking i'd save myself time !!!

THATS WHY I WANTED TO KNO IT W/ JUST GOOGLE THAN I'LL ADAPT IT TO MY ISSUE

i dunno, dude. it sure sounds suspiciously like a google bomb to me... not that google hasn't already dealt with about a million such attempts already.

but okay, let's say it is for the legit task you describe.

my First recommendation to you -- as a self-described beginner -- would be to consider using Perl for this sort of work. theres stuff already written in Perl to do exactly what you describe.

my Second recommendation to you is (no matter which language you choose) to start coding, get stuck, then come back for specific help

people here generally will not write your code for you. sometimes you get lucky, but not on this kind of project.

so, get started.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.