Dear f riends,
i have two forms connected to two tables in ms access database with data control. and i want to link two field in two forms and update database . i used the following code for updating text1.text=form2.text1.text in form1 text1 lost focus event. but iam not understanding how to update databse. so i reqest any body to give the code for updating database and in which event i have to write in form1 only because i want to update from form1 only

What kind of database do you have? How do you want to update it? Automatically?

i have MS access database having two tables in it table1,table2

Yeah. But by which means do you plan to update them? According to a certain rule, or randomly or according to user input?

when i input data in form1.text field , the table2 which i have connected to form2.text with datacontrol , should be updated. this is problem. iam connecting form1, form2 by using code text1.text= form2.text1.text. but how to update database automatically and in which event , i have to enter the code , iam not understanding

As you've probably done, keep two different forms - one would be your main form (the startup form) and second would be for updating the database. You can for example keep a password protection for accessing the second form so that the database is updated by authorized people only.

Dear f riends,
i have two forms connected to two tables in ms access database with data control. and i want to link two field in two forms and update database . i used the following code for updating text1.text=form2.text1.text in form1 text1 lost focus event. but iam not understanding how to update databse. so i reqest any body to give the code for updating database and in which event i have to write in form1 only because i want to update from form1 only

[CODE= 'To update a database, depending on the data control, if intrinsic, use for instance, Data1.Recordset.Update. Assuming Data1 is used for the databound control.
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Data1.Recordset.Update
Data1.Refresh
End Sub ]

thankyou for giving reply. But here iam using 2 datacontrols separetely for form1, form2 for connecting table1,table2 in database. hence i think you have code for updating table1 only. but what about table2. how it can be updated from form1 only.
please give me code for it

To update a database on say Form1 from Form2, precede the same code with the form name, i.e., on Form1 use this code:

Form2.Data1.Recordset.Update
Form2.Data1.Refresh
End Sub

Edited 3 Years Ago by happygeek: fixed formatting

Hi David, Use code tags as I've done here: You probably added an extra space in

[/code ]

'To update a database on say Form1 from Form2, precede the same code with the form name, i.e., on Form1 use this code:
Form2.Data1.Recordset.Update
Form2.Data1.Refresh
End Sub
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.