I am using railway reservation project.
I am using for passenger Reservation Train_No,Boogie_no,Seat_No.
I have problem with While Selecting Same Train_No,Boogie_no,Seat_No from two Pc's.
It gives error duplicate values.
What I will do When Two user selecting same values simultaneously.
Please Suggest me Idea for this Project.
I am Using Visual Basic 6.0 for Front End and Oracle 9i for Back end.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

this isn't necessarily pertinent to vb, but normally what you would do is create a locked column in the database, whenever they start reserving set it to locked and not allow any other users to access when the column is set

you need to check for existance of the record before insert the same into database. you can use COUNT() for the purpose.

You need to use transaction , so that the same record does not get modified inadverently.

hello friend ,im in t.e .i need ur project in our presentation .i will study ur project and reply u as soon as possible. can u mail me ur project on

hello friend ,im in t.e .i need ur project in our presentation .i will study ur project and reply u as soon as possible. can u mail me ur project on namdevraja at gmail dot com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.