I am trying to create a program that analyzes sports statistics. I want to extract statistics from a website such as yahoo or espn and put it in a database. Does anyone know if this is possible to do with vbscript? Is there an easier way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am trying to create a program that analyzes sports statistics. I want to extract statistics from a website such as yahoo or espn and put it in a database. Does anyone know if this is possible to do with vbscript? Is there an easier way to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

I also need something like this ...

Flesky,

Please, in the future, start your own thread and if you need to reference an older thread copy its URL into your post.

Now, when you start your new thread, please mention if you are using VBA (Excel, Access, Word, etc), VBS, or VB 6.0.

Thanks and Good Luck

Is this post still active? If not please close this.

Anyways,

You can write a vb code in an excel macro to read the values from a static webpage.

But I think it will be very difficult to write a code to read pages which changes frequently and has a dynamic layout (design) like yahoo and espn.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.