i am developing a project in vb 6 which deals with printing lots of forms and invoices - all containing user-filled details.
The invoices have different structures - some are tabular (with irregularly placed columns, however) while some are plain text (letter-like).
i am going to use MS Access for database.

My confusion is what to use to generate and print these invoices. I have thought of 3 options - crystal reports, Data Report Designer of vb 6 or reports created in MS Access.
I think using crystal reports is too complex to use for my project.
I dont know if data report designer can suffice my requirements.
I dont know how to use MS Access reports in VB 6.0.
:|

Can anyone guide me if i can use data report designer or i need to use access reports. Do check out the invoices i have attached with this post.
If i require to use access reports then how to do it.

Also, how do i print report in VB. I know how to print using Printer object provided by vb 6. But, printing a report-no clue.
Please help me out.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

is there anyone who can solve my query??
:|
its almost urgent..

data reports in VB6 / Crystal Reports. any of these two would be very suitable to generate reports and print them.
If u have MSDN installed with your Visual Studio u can find most of the help of using Data Reports along with examples. else look online at Microsoft site for support.
I would recommend to give a start to Data Reports. If any problem then post ur req. here.

data reports in VB6 / Crystal Reports. any of these two would be very suitable to generate reports and print them.
If u have MSDN installed with your Visual Studio u can find most of the help of using Data Reports along with examples. else look online at Microsoft site for support.
I would recommend to give a start to Data Reports. If any problem then post ur req. here.

but then i would like to ask if you have seen the attachments i provided. They are the sample reports i need to prepare. Please let me know if they are possible to make in data report designer. If so, i will definitely go with data report designer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.