hi there, i have a form in Vb6 and a msacess 2007 database connected using ADODC, on a form is a listbox that i want to populate with the table data from the database, the name of the database is Storenw and the table from which i want to access is sales with fields barcode,item and price. i have the following code in my form-load seem to be working because am not getting any error but in the listbox is showing nothing,.. what can i do? am new in this pls!

code:

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim strConnectionString As String
Dim strSQL As String

On Error GoTo Handler:

strConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" _
& "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\Mateuss\My Documents\project\storenw.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

strSQL = "select * from sales"

rs.Open strSQL, strConnectionString
If Not (rs.EOF And rs.BOF) Then
rs.MoveFirst
Do While Not rs.EOF
barcode = rs.Fields(0).Value
item = rs.Fields(1).Value
price = rs.Fields(2).Value
Call AddToListBox(barcode, item, price)
rs.MoveNext
Loop
Else
MsgBox "Nothing found."
End If

My_Exit_Sub:
On Error Resume Next
rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing
Exit Sub
Handler:
MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
Resume My_Exit_Sub
End Sub

Private Sub AddToListBox(ByVal barcode As String, ByVal item As String, ByVal price As String)

End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

it seems your AddToListBox procedure doesn't do anything.

Private Sub AddToListBox(ByVal barcode As String, ByVal item As String, ByVal price As String)
     list1.additem(barcode & "     " & item & "     " & price)
End Sub

thanx Comatose, think i just got it now,.

now there is another problem, how can i make the date in the list be in a table form, because wats showing now is just a list

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.