Hello everyone,

I am wondering how to play sound (for example, .wav, .mp3, etc.) on J2ME platform, especially Foundation profile. Can anyone provide any resources?

Thanks in advance,
George

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hmm. If I remember right, java doesn't support those file extensions. I think it supports weird ones like au, aiff, and stuff like that. But, I do think it supports .wav files.

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong

it'll support .au, but i think javasound is needed for wavs.

for mp3's, theres:
MP3SPI, which needs javasound
tritonus
There's another good one that I've used, but I can't remember what it was called.

Thanks server_crash,

hmm. If I remember right, java doesn't support those file extensions. I think it supports weird ones like au, aiff, and stuff like that. But, I do think it supports .wav files.

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong

I think if there are 3rd party libraries which can be used on Foundation platform of J2ME, it is also OK. Do you know any solutions?

I think if Java's built-in approach of playing .au music file can be used on Foundation platform, it is also Ok. Do you know any solutions?

regards,
George

Thanks Phaelax,

it'll support .au, but i think javasound is needed for wavs.

for mp3's, theres:
MP3SPI, which needs javasound
tritonus
There's another good one that I've used, but I can't remember what it was called.

Your reply is very helpful. I have found the resources of "tritonus" and I am learning how to use it. I am wondering whether you have used it on Foundation platform of J2ME?

I have another question. What means "javasound" in your reply? Can you provide some online resources dealing with it?

regards,
George

Thanks for all the people who helped me on this thread.

regards,
George

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.