Good day.!

What a frustration drives me just this day.! Last night we got power lost. Just this day when i open my vb project, ive got an error message says that project1 cannot be loaded. When i try to open one form on that project it also returned, form1 cannot be loaded. Im stuck with this until now.I dont have any back up yet. How can i recover my project or just the form.! I try to open it in notepad but i ve just see unreadable information. Please help

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hmm...it's a bit frustrating...but i think you need to do it again... anyway..always remember to hit the save button or ctrl +s.. :)

if you have had a power loss and your running windows then run chkdsk c: /x /f from the dos prompt and reboot.

You can substitute c: for d: etc depending on which drive you want to check.

Some of your file indexes may have become corrupted due to windows not shutting down corectly and this might repair them.

It will also check the mft table and free space and fix any inconsistencies.

If you running a linux hybrid i think the command is something like "fsck /p" (i think) but be real carefull. read the manual first as this is powerull util.

If chkdsk does not help , you have to recode it.

Good day.!

After All, still failed to recover my project.Ive done all disk checking, system restoration.but still the project cannot be loaded. I just want to ask if there is a software that is capable of repairing corrupt vb6 project or form.?

Pls help!

Good day.!

What a frustration drives me just this day.! Last night we got power lost. Just this day when i open my vb project, ive got an error message says that project1 cannot be loaded. When i try to open one form on that project it also returned, form1 cannot be loaded. Im stuck with this until now.I dont have any back up yet. How can i recover my project or just the form.! I try to open it in notepad but i ve just see unreadable information. Please help

Thank you

Copy offending file to another directory.
Open with notepad and do a save as.
If prompted for saving unicode characters, don't. Save as text only.
Dbl click on new file in explorer and VB should open up and start a new project for you. If form is still unreadable by VB or in notepad you may be out of luck, but...
If you find that it is now ledgable but seems to be missing carrage returns, well then... I hope there is not a lot of controls and code located in that file.
(Meaning you will have to add them manually)

Good Luck

Thank you all for you time. But i think im wasting my time so solve this problem. I better code it again. That form is the main registration section of enrolment system back end mysql database. its almost finish, but what a bad lack happen to me. I better recode it again.

Thank you for your support all.!

God bless on this mother earth.

hi ,
i have a corrupted form .frm in vb .i opened it in notepad and it is showing unreadable format.how to get my form back.

if u have any ideas .plz send it to me lokesh_bsc@yahoo.com or lokesh.kumar@cplmg.com

thanks
lokesh

Geez!!! Where is that wizard school that turns out all these newbies who think they can raise the dead threas!!! I mean it is just so uncouth and gives so many people the willies! :)

All funnies aside esh03, it is impolite to ask your question in another persons thread. In the future if you need to reference another thread, copy its url into your new thread, along with your question.

Now, did you follow the instructions in the posts above? If not give them a try. If they don't work, well then your form is lost and you will have to start over...

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.