Hi,

I have a project where we need to scan each pixel from an image. Somewhere in the image there will be a 10x10 red pixel and we need to draw a circle around it. This is the code I have so far: (but I'm having trouble figureing out the code to scan each pixel?) Any help would be great! Thanks

public static void main(String[] args) {

TheMatrix picture = new TheMatrix(EasyInput.openFileDialog());
    int width = picture.getWidth();
    int height = picture.getHeight();
    int[] pixels;
    for (int x = 0; x < width; x++){
        for (int y = 0; y < height; y++){
            Color c = picture.getColor(x, y);
                if (c == Color.RED){
                    for (int x = 0; x < 199; ++x) {
                    int y = (int) (Math.sqrt(200 * 200 - x * x));
                    picture.setColor(250 + x, 250 + y, Color.WHITE);
                    picture.setColor(250 - x, 250 + y, Color.WHITE);
                    picture.setColor(250 + x, 250 - y, Color.WHITE);
                    picture.setColor(250 - x, 250 - y, Color.WHITE);
                    picture.show();
                    }

Paula

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i don't quite understand your question and your program, but i understand this :
these is a 10 pixel x 10 pixel sized red square in a picture, we need to find it and draw a circle around it.
well we can solved like this, we need an 10x10 array which will hold the color values... also we need another 2d array which is for the circle, for example a 15x15, we need to fill this array only for once at the beginning.
we start to get every 10x10 from the picture and check if all of the values are RED. then when we found red square we put the circle-array over the red square...
that is the algorithm i found...
i hope i understand correctly.

I think there is some method that takes an image, and creates an array of pixels out of it:

I think it's something like this:

int x = getPixels(Image);
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.