Hello everyone, please i need your help very urgently. I am working on a data management application and am using the data control and the standard report system.

The following is an example of data collected.

Name Age Birthday ( Day/Month) , Gender

Samuel 23 2/5 Male
John 22 3/5 Male
Peter 20 3/6 Male
Shiella 28 4/7 Female
James 22 5/7 Male

1. I wont to be able to enable the user to sort out all males or all females from the database onto the report sheet.
That is when the search finds the string male in any table its adds the name like this:
Name Gender
John Male

2. And lastly i want to be able to sort out birthdays providing the user input fields like this

SEARCH BIRTHDAYS BETWEEN

Day Day Month

01 to 05 April

and displaying it on a report sheet. Please help me. I will be very grateful if any body could help me out with this. Thank you.

Hello everyone, please i need your help very urgently. I am working on a data management application and am using the data control and the standard report system.

The following is an example of data collected.

Name Age Birthday ( Day/Month) , Gender

Samuel 23 2/5 Male
John 22 3/5 Male
Peter 20 3/6 Male
Shiella 28 4/7 Female
James 22 5/7 Male

1. I wont to be able to enable the user to sort out all males or all females from the database onto the report sheet.
That is when the search finds the string male in any table its adds the name like this:
Name Gender
John Male

In any table? Well then, lets start with a short discussion about database normalization. If you have multiple tables that contain the same information then you need to do a search on "Database Normalization". The short version of what you will read is that all like data should go in only one place.

SELECT * FROM YourTableName WHERE Gender = 'Male'

2. And lastly i want to be able to sort out birthdays providing the user input fields like this

SEARCH BIRTHDAYS BETWEEN

Day Day Month

01 to 05 April

and displaying it on a report sheet. Please help me. I will be very grateful if any body could help me out with this. Thank you.

You have the right keyword "BETWEEN" however most databases include the year in date fields. This example is from an Access database (2k).

SELECT tblDateTest.*
FROM tblDateTest
WHERE month([tblDateTest].[dDate])=1 And day([ddate]) Between 2 And 4;

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.