I made a database project. when I run it another pc it was run. but when I see the report (in my project) it show a error msg.
it is :
error number: 713
application defined or object defined errro.

another thing it is exe when i run it another pc. any body help me please.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You need to pass more information.

You need to pass more information.

what kind of information you need. please ...

Engklish? Sorry, Explain in detail what the project is about.
For example. The project runs on my computer but when I try to run it on another computer it does not work.

its a databse project like student databse. I add some data. and then when I want to see report then show this error. the report made by vb6.

its a databse project like student databse. I add some data. and then when I want to see report then show this error. the report made by vb6.

How do you store the input? example in a text file.
How do you view the output? example in a textbox on the form.

the data store in ms access file. it connect by data control.
[QUOTE=Jupiter 2;878098
How do you view the output? example in a textbox on the form.[/QUOTE]
output show in report. if I edit the data then it show in the text box.

Sorry, but I am not a fan of Access. I cannot assist you any further.

So you say it runs on your computer but not on another. Did you create an install package with the Package and Deployment Wizard (A.K.A. PDW) or use Inno to do so and if you did then did you install in on the other computer?

I didn't creat any install file. just creat exe file and try to run it another pc. every thing is ok but when I want to see report then show this msg. but when I install vb6 that pc then it run well. no problem occured.

"just creat exe file and try to run it another pc"

The other PC may not have certain files to run your program. The Package and Deployment Wizard is a seperate utilitiy.
Start > All Programs > Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 >
Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Tools > Package and Deployment Wizard

The package will include any ocx or dll's your program requires to run on another computer. It creates a setup.exe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.