hi i am new to visual basic and i am using vb6, i have senior year project for invenotry managment system..my problem is that if one form is open then the user must not b able to peform other functions(open another form, close application etc) unless the current form is get closed please help me in this

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

show your form like this example..

Form1.Show vbModal

if you put vbModal when showing a form, this will prevent the user for clicking other form unless the form1 is close...

thanks for your help; but when i used vbModal debug gives error that object not found vbModal any suggestions??

Are you sure you are using Visual Basic 6.0 and not VB.NET or VBA (access, word, excel,etc)?

well i think if you are using VB.NET / 2008 you can do this code.. i think... LoL

FormName.ShowDialog()

hi;
my problem is solved by using vbModal actually the problem is in the installation of VB6 i have re-install it now the problem is solved, because in first attempt vb6 was installed with some errors. thanks for all of your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.