Hi all, I want to know how i can decrement the value of quantity in stock in my data base. This would be based on how times an item is purchased. So every time an item is clicked, i want to show the quantity has decreased in the database. I am using vb6 and i have my database in msaccess..

I also want to know how can i create a payslip invoice in vb6..when an item to be bought is entered, the information desplays at that area that will be printed out as an invoice..
pls help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

UPDATE Table1 SET Field2=Table1.Field2-1 WHERE Field1=Value

Where Field1 = unique value to identify record and Field2 = the value you want to decrement by 1

As for creating an invoice there are several ways. Datareport, Crystal Report, or one of your own design via the Printer object. But to be able to do this you will need a purchase table to record the items purchased with some unique ID that ID's the customer so when you go to print the reciept, the table can be queried against.

Good Luck

Hi,vb5prgrmr, with this one, do i do it in the database or in vb?
"UPDATE Table1 SET Field2=Table1.Field2-1 WHERE Field1=Value

Where Field1 = unique value to identify record and Field2 = the value you want to decrement by 1"

and for the crystal report, do i need to install it?

thanx

Either, if from vb use the command object to execute it.

As for crystal reports, yes you will need to install it. if you have pro or enterprise you should find on the disk a folder named crystal, inside is the installable. Run it and you will have crystal reports 4.5.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.