Avenger0A 0 Newbie Poster

Hey guys, im new here and i was wondering if some people could help me out? ive recently been employed in an IT company, and although i am quite familiar with c++, i have been asked to work on making a custom Ribbon in Excel (creating a new tab for the ribbon).

I have spend 8hrs yesterday working on this, to limited avail. i know that you can save the file as .xlsm and use tools like RibbonX and CustomUIEditor to write the xml for the ribbon, however, this seems to cause a lot of problems with excel 2003. (errors saving, seemingly corrupted 1st sheet etc) So, the ideal solution would be to check if the version is 2007, if it is, then dynamicly create a ribbon. This would also allow a more easily configured ribbon (with variables etc). So my question is: which functions could i use to load a ribbon dynamicly?

Some Code:

If Application.Version = 12 Then 'Excel 2007 - use ribbon
Call MakeRibbon()
Else If Application.Version = 11 Then 'Excel 2003 - use toolbar
Call MakeToolbar()
End If

I have tried using Application.LoadCustomUI(...) - However, it appears that it is only available for Access. Various extensions etc dont seem to be of any help - they all seem to have problems loading or when saving from Excel 2003.

If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated! I have spent a whole work day on it and i think my experience is not enough for this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.