Hello I am rather new in visual c++ and I learned to code but I didn't find in any book how to ad an interface to my program. So please tell give me some references where from I could learn how to add a proper interface in visual c++.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

And your definition of "interface" is???

Hello I am rather new in visual c++ and I learned to code but I didn't find in any book how to ad an interface to my program. So please tell give me some references where from I could learn how to add a proper interface in visual c++.
Thanks

I guess you want to make proper Windows applications. Well the Win API is not easy to understand.

You should train a lot in console applications first.

Making graphical applications isn't just a matter of

make_graphical_application(true);

but you first of all need to design some graphic and work with absolute positions of where you want to post stuff.

A good place to start is in Visual C++: New Project > Win32 > Win32 Forms Application.

In here you from start have a windows application, and you are so lucky to have a toolbox to create common windows content. Don't get used to it tho, that's mostly not how it works in other projects.

I guess you want to make proper Windows applications. Well the Win API is not easy to understand.

You should train a lot in console applications first.

Making graphical applications isn't just a matter of

make_graphical_application(true);

but you first of all need to design some graphic and work with absolute positions of where you want to post stuff.

A good place to start is in Visual C++: New Project > Win32 > Win32 Forms Application.

In here you from start have a windows application, and you are so lucky to have a toolbox to create common windows content. Don't get used to it tho, that's mostly not how it works in other projects.

Do you thik that Qt is better?

Do you thik that Qt is better?

Not if you don't know the first thing about C/C++. Learn the language first.

I have learned c++ and I want now to create an aplication but using microsoft visual c++ is very expensive because buying a licence for it not very cheap. That's why I was thinking about an open source.

You wouldn't have to spend one cent beyond what you already have to develop Win32 graphical user interface applications using the Windows Api, and if for some reason you find that too tiresome (after you've learned it proper, that is), the knowledge you've gained would be put to good use in adopting a class framework such as MFC. There are no easy ways out. No pain, no gain.

Thank you

I have learned c++ and I want now to create an aplication but using microsoft visual c++ is very expensive because buying a licence for it not very cheap. That's why I was thinking about an open source.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but just for your interest; Visual C++ Express Edition is completely free and may be used for commercial usages, and it's got what you need. Well atleast I think so, I've not noticed anything missing, using it myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.