Hi everybody! The application I´ve been working is almost done, first of all thanks to all for your help. But now I want to do something extra and don´t know if is possible. My application starts when I call a bat file with the javac and the java command to run my application. Obviously I keep a command window opened and I dont want it there....I want to know if i can put the .bat file in the start of windows for it starting eachtime the sistem starts ....and also if there is a way to dont show the command window....I am finishing now!!! PLease help me again!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I know of one way, but that still requires you to run it from the command prompt. After that, you can close the command line and it will still run:

Try the javaw command:

javaw ApplicationName

That will start the program and then you can close the command prompt withought closing the program..

There is one other way I know of: If you are programming on windows you can create shortcuts that have properties set(path, app name and that junk);

you can also create an executable JAR file. That won't open the command prompt window
-Nick

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.