I hope this goes here.

Alright, so I'm trying to write a simple program that takes the contents of a query's results and pastes them to a text file. Although I could do this manually, I'm trying to create a "user friendly" method for when I'm out of the office and someone else wants to do something.

So far, I've tried the following...

Private Sub Mailing_List_Click()
Dim Entry As String
Entry = "Whut?!"
Open "J:\James' Workbench\Tools\Mailing List.txt" For Output As #1
  Write #1, Entry
  Close #1
End Sub

I did this just to see how to go about opening, writing too and close the text file. It did not succeed.

What do I have to do? Create an object, open the text with that and write to it?

I hope this goes here.

Alright, so I'm trying to write a simple program that takes the contents of a query's results and pastes them to a text file. Although I could do this manually, I'm trying to create a "user friendly" method for when I'm out of the office and someone else wants to do something.

So far, I've tried the following...

Private Sub Mailing_List_Click()
Dim Entry As String
Entry = "Whut?!"
Open "J:\James' Workbench\Tools\Mailing List.txt" For Output As #1
  Write #1, Entry
  Close #1
End Sub

I did this just to see how to go about opening, writing too and close the text file. It did not succeed.

What do I have to do? Create an object, open the text with that and write to it?

Actually, my problem is even bigger than I thought. I cannot get anything to work when I click the button at all, even just a MsgBox.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.