Hi,

I have an Outlook add-in that I started in VS 2010, and have no idea how to go about the following.

The plugin should save the an email after you send it. I.e. after you create a new email and you click on the send button I would like that email to be saved as an .msg file.

Now I can get a selected file (i.e. from the inbox or folder) to save from the plugin but dont know how to go about saving the email that I just sent. It's mainly to make sure that I have a copy of the email if I accidentally delete it.

Thanks

Now I can get a selected file (i.e. from the inbox or folder) to save from the plugin but dont know how to go about saving the email that I just sent.

The email you sent goes to "Sent Items" folder. I haven't done Outlook plugins, only few macros, but if you know how to access Inbox, you should be able to access "Sent Items" in the same way.

You could also post the code that accesses Inbox (or any folder), I'll take a quick look at the code. What Outlook/VB.NET versions you're using?

HTH

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.