hi

everybody i am stuck.
i am first time using beans.
can anybody please tell me how a file can be copied from one machine to another machine usingg beans.
i dont want to use servlets or JSP.

regards
vps

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Well, there are several ways of doing it. But here is the way I would try first.

If the file you're looking for isn't behind a firewall or anything you should be able to use the File class with a Url class and then copy the file to your local machine.

Regards,

Nate

Beans? Why the demand to use beans? Any specific things you should do using the bean?
Do you even know what a bean is?

You can't copy a file to another machine without some sort of access to that machine. That means either an open ftp or http connection that allows upload, a shared drive with your machine, or another type of program running there that does the actual writing.
If you don't have that, tough luck on you.

hello

how should i use bean for it

regards
vps

I am sorry,i am mistaken
it is the bean logic i have to use ,
i have to write my own get and set methods for copying
the file on another machine.

regards

Hi everyone,

I am sorry,i am mistaken
it is the bean logic i have to use ,
i have to write my own get and set methods for copying
the file on another machine.

regards

Are you trying to download a file to another machine via the internet?

Is that what you mean?

Richard West

Upload you mean?

Yes, it seems that's what he wants to do but he doesn't mention the protocol he's trying to use or what infrastructure is available on the remote machine (there has to be something... You're not going to write to a remote machine without a service there to do the actual writing for you).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.