I have made a program consisting of about 15 smaller projects, each with their own .dll/.exe
I need to make a custom installer that will prompt the user for different options, which the installer setup built into VS10 does not support.
I need to be able to have this run like its own program, with combo and text boxes for usr input, and then to compress all the files i need into the .exe
How would one go about doing this?
if possible i would like to keep everything inside of VS10 instead of a third party application. And free would be the best too. =)
Thanks
~Matt

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Please use installationshield

If you want very customizable WinForms GUI that can be graphically designed inside Visual Studio for your software installer then have a look at SharpSetup.

I have made a program consisting of about 15 smaller projects, each with their own .dll/.exe
I need to make a custom installer that will prompt the user for different options, which the installer setup built into VS10 does not support.
I need to be able to have this run like its own program, with combo and text boxes for usr input, and then to compress all the files i need into the .exe
How would one go about doing this?
if possible i would like to keep everything inside of VS10 instead of a third party application. And free would be the best too. =)
Thanks
~Matt

Hi,

I think you can find some explanation in the Launch Condition Management in Deployment
Look, here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.