Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by AndreRet

Do you have any code on the datagrid?

Or just by clicking on the column header automatically sorts your records?

Get the column that the user clicked on to get the database field value. Now reload the grid with the data sorted as per the users selection.

rs.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTableName ORDER BY " & "'" & UserValueChosen & "'"
Set Datagrid1.Datasource = rs
rs.Open "SELECT * FROM List ORDER BY " & "'" & UserValueChosen & "'"
Attachments debug.JPG 62.52 KB

Show me all the code you have to determine on which column you have clicked and then the code to open the recordset and re-populate the grid,

i dont understand,

Dim rstInfo As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim SQL As String

Call CON

SQL = "SELECT * FROM List"

rstInfo.Open SQL, CN, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

rstInfo.AddNew

rstInfo!CustomerName = txtName.Text
            rstInfo!ContactNumber = txtContact.Text
            rstInfo!Date = dt.Value
            rstInfo!TimeStart = cmbStart.Text
            rstInfo!TimeEnd = cmbEnd.Text
            rstInfo!Event = cmbEvent.Text
            rstInfo!Guest = txtGuest.Text
            rstInfo!Comment = txtComment.Text

rstInfo.Update

MsgBox "Record has been Saved", vbInformation

frmList.Adodc.Refresh
    frmList.DataGrid.Refresh

rstInfo.Close
CN.Close
Set rstInfo = Nothing

Your code above is to add a new record. What code are you using to populate the datagrid with your data? Are you using a datacontrol or code?

The data control will not work. You need to set the grid's datasource AFTER you select the order by -

Dim conn as ADODB.Connection
Dim Rs As ADODB.Recordset

Set conn = new ADODB.Connection
Set Rs = New ADODB.Recordset

Conn.Open = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\YourDatabaseName.MDB;Persist Security Info=False"

'Lets say the user selected column 3 on the datagrid, the fieldname in your table is say "Surname"

Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable ORDER BY Surname", conn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

Set Datagrid.DataSource = Rs

This is not helping a lot. Show me the code and not a picture. With the code I can see why you got an error. The picture can be an error of multiple things.

The main thing is that it is looking for a function that you are calling, wich is non existent.:)

Private Sub DataGrid_Click()
Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
Dim Rs As ADODB.Recordset

Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
Set Rs = New ADODB.Recordset

conn.Open = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\Database1.MDB;Persist Security Info=False"

'Lets say the user selected column 3 on the datagrid, the fieldname in your table is say "Surname"

Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM List ORDER BY CustomerName", conn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

Set DataGrid.DataSource = Rs
End Sub

Click on "Project/References and scroll down to "Microsoft Active X Data Objects 2.x Library" The x in 2.x is your latest version on your computer.

Yes, it seems you have version 2.0 installed. Select it and click OK. You do not need the MS Databinding collection as yet.

it doesn't have error anymore but when i click the column header it doesn't sort and if i click other column header the records will disappear

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.