Hi everyone i hope you are all well.

This is my first time using this site so bear with me if i make any horrible mistakes.

At the moment i am trying to wirte a programme that takes the user input as a string and breaks down the string with the string tokenizer.

My aim is that the user enters in a string of charaters e.g - a b c d e which represents the notes of music. I then use unicode to create the music symbol and and place on a music staff.

so the end result will be that the notes entered will be drawn onto a music sheet.

The problem i am facing is when i use the string tokenizer to break up the string how do i get the corresponding charcter to match the symbol and position in the music sheet.

I hope this makes sense. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi There

A map of key/values pairs could be quite handy for the problem you mention. Personally I don't think I would use a stream for the input. I would let the user make distinct entries/commands and then handle them.

Hope your project goes well anyway.

Gargol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.