Hey guys!
I'm making an app that allows user to select some files. But, I want it to be made inside the app, without the need of a 'OpenFileDialog' or so.

My first thought was a ListView control, but I really don't know how to use it or even how to make it get that from file system.

Then I thought on a ListBox, but it seems to have so few features...

There is a way to make an 'explorer-like' file browser inside the app? It doesn't need to contain all the explorer features, just an details view (the one that looks like a list, but with columns) and a icons view (similar to windows XP).

thanks in advance!

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by RenanLazarotto

You can use the DriveListBox and the DirListBox

*oops, thinking VB6

Edited by Ranx: n/a

use tree view and list view.

I just don't know how :P how do I make a listview get the data from the file system?

@Ranx
Thats okay (;

sorry but i'm in my office right now, but i found this project on net..
see if this help..

sorry but i'm in my office right now, but i found this project on net..
see if this help..

which project? :O

Check out this link.

Pretty nice code, but I don't get almost anything from it and I'm not on the mood to do it right now, my college is killing me. I'll check this code with more calm later.

Thanks!

sorry for missing the file..my bad..
i still posting to you even this thread already solved :)
Good luck with your project.

Yeah, I've marked as solved since I don't want to keep up with this right now. I'm not sure if this will even work here, it has been build for VS2005 and I use 2010 :S I'll try it, though. Thanks!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.