Hi everyone,
I have this problem, I developed the program in C#(winform) in my computer, when I try to publish it and install in my computer, it works fine. But when other users with different computer install, the are receiving this error : unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly microsoft.office.tools.excel version 8.0.0.0 be installed in the glibal assembly cache first.

I know that microsoft.office.tools.excel version 8.0.0.0 should be installed in their computers GAC, but the thing that I dont know is, what should I install? should I install .net framework in their computers?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

While publishing you should add the necessary frameworks and assemblies, so add the assembly for excel in Applications tab while publishing..

Add microsoft.office.tools.excel DLL file

While publishing you should add the necessary frameworks and assemblies, so add the assembly for excel in Applications tab while publishing..

Hi samueal,

Hi samueal,
i APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY, I have added the required framework and DLL's and the error changed to this:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
	Windows 			: 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
	Common Language Runtime 	: 2.0.50727.3082
	System.Deployment.dll 		: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
	mscorwks.dll 			: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
	dfdll.dll 			: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
	dfshim.dll 			: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
	Deployment url			: file://procsolutions/PROCUREMENT%20SYSTEMS%20BACKUP/TOOLS%20AND%20INSTALLERS/INSTALLER/TICKETING%20SYSTEM/ESPSTICKETING(v.54)/ESPSTicketingServicev54.application

IDENTITIES
	Deployment Identity		: ESPSTicketingServicev54.application, Version=1.0.1.54, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28c28c143315e83b, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
	* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
	Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
	* Activation of \\Procsolutions\PROCUREMENT SYSTEMS BACKUP\TOOLS AND INSTALLERS\INSTALLER\TICKETING SYSTEM\ESPSTICKETING(v.54)\ESPSTicketingServicev54.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
		+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
	No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
	There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
	* [5/18/2011 4:04:00 PM] : Activation of \\Procsolutions\PROCUREMENT SYSTEMS BACKUP\TOOLS AND INSTALLERS\INSTALLER\TICKETING SYSTEM\ESPSTICKETING(v.54)\ESPSTicketingServicev54.application has started.
	* [5/18/2011 4:04:00 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
	Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [5/18/2011 4:04:00 PM] System.ArgumentException
		- Value does not fall within the expected range.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
	* Transaction at [5/18/2011 4:04:00 PM]
		+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
			- HRESULT: 0x0
		+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
			- HRESULT: 0x0

Thank you again.

My advice is not to use publish, Use new project->other project types-> setup and deployment. I will be quiet clear and easy. Try this. Add the necessary assemblies and framework. Add framework using Prerequisites tab.

I couldn't trace the error. Right click on the solution explorer of your project and ADD-> New project->other project types-> setup and deployment and continue the same process that you followed in Publish

Hi samueal,
Okay, this solved my problem, it seems that other computer's microsoft.office.tools.excel version is v9 or that they dont have that kind of dll. I opened the "applications" tab and included the required dll's as well as prerequisites.

I cleaned, I build, then re-published, the error was gone.

Thank you very much for your help.
I appreciate it so much!

Up Vote if my answer helps you??

Hi done voting you :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.